Friday, April 23, 2010

Future of Communication Video- Free Writing

One thing I found interesting was that many people are now "prosumers"- people who create information and also use the information.
I think that while many of the things mentioned in the video are possible, I don't think all of it should be done. A big focus towards the end of the video was the ability to recreate reality or basically have a virtual life. While I think that'd be really cool, I don't think it's necessary. I also don't want to spending half of my time on the computer/internet in order for me to fulfill some needs in my life.
I think that many media forms, such as newspapers, magazines, and even television will eventually go completely digital. This is already happening today, where many newspapers and magazines are now online. I remember reading a recent report on how some newspaper subscriptions are loosing a large number of subscribers because people are now getting their news from the internet. Many people now watch many shows and movies online on sites like YouTube and even from the channel's official site.
However, despite that most media can go completely digital, I don't think it's current forms should be completely terminated. I enjoy being able to open up a book. I like sitting in my room watching the tv and flipping through channels.

No comments:

Post a Comment