Friday, May 7, 2010

Collaborative Writing Thoughts

All in all, I kind of liked the whole collaborative writing. It was interesting to see everyone's different writing styles. In a way, just reading other group members parts of the story helped me in developing writing or gave me ideas on ways to improve on my writing.
One of the things I thought was kind of difficult was getting all the parts of the stories to coordinate or to match up that way it wasn't like 5 different stories that didn't go together at all. It was hard because you either had to make something general and let the other person fill in the details, or you had to wait for someone else in order to proceed. These things often times led me to stop writing until someone else had finished or we told eachother how we were going to have something happen. Apart from that, I thought it went fine. Using google docs was very efficient and helpful because you could read your other group member's progress and be able to continue your part of the story or see where they were going and change yours accordingly.
Another thing I found difficult, at least for our story, was finding a way to intertwine all the parts. Most of us had written about the same events, but in different points of views. Even if everything was the same, it was difficult finding a way to place everything, so we ended up placing each part separtely according to what we thought would have the best flow and coherence. Other than that, I thought everything else went fine. Everyone did their part.

No comments:

Post a Comment